If you’ve been blogging or even thinking about blogging I’m sure you’ve heard of Tailwind. I’ll explain what it is below just in case you’ve never heard of it. We’ll also figure out whether it is worth it to get or should you just forget it.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you purchase something through one of those links, I may earn a commission. Please read our disclaimer for more information.
What is Tailwind?
Tailwind is a social media tool that lets you manage both Pinterest and Instagram in one place. Allowing you to schedule in bulk, share your Pinterest content to tribes, and track your account insights.
Tailwind has tons of features – the Plus plan features are listed below – but we’re are mainly going to cover my favorite features. My favorite features are scheduling, tribes, smart scheduling, and analytics.
Don’t panic! I know this looks like a lot, especially just for Monday. But you can choose the amount that you want to post. Plus Tailwind makes it really easy to find the content
- All the filled-in slots are times when a pin will be published.
- The outlined slots are Tailwind’s suggested timeslots when my pins “often receive high engagement.” Clicking these outlined timeslots will add time to your pinning schedule.
- The outlined pins with the arrow circle are SmartLoop Pins
Tip: Refresh the page to get more suggested timeslots.
The tribes are the absolute best part of Tailwind. They have thousands of tribes for you to join and you can even create your own tribes. With so many tribes it’s easy to find one in your niche.
Once you join a tribe, you can share your pin into the tribe. Your tribemates will then save your pins to their Pinterest account.
And you’ll have access to a bunch of pins from your tribemates to share with your Pinterest followers.
The SmartLoop feature allows you to automatically reshare your pins.
Once you choose whether you want an Evergreen or Seasonal loop, you’ll move on to naming your campaign and the boards you want to post these pins in.
For Evergreen loops, Tailwind does the work for you and sorts your pins by most popular or most recent. You can even narrow it down by board or search the pins so you can find the exact pins that you’re looking for.
To optimize your pinning, they will suggest a SmartLoop schedule. This recommended schedule will help you avoid Pinterest marking you as spam – which is a massive pain!
Tailwind will help you completely analyze your Pinterest account:
- Profile performance. This insight will monitor your followers, pins, repins and comments.
- Board Insights. Breaks down the pins, followers, repins, virality score, engagement score, and comments by board. This feature will also track your group boards and secret boards.
- Pin inspector. The pin inspector will monitor the insights for each pin. You’re also able to sort your pins by category, board and even from your website.
- Website Insights. Track the pins, pinners and potential impressions from your domain. There are also trending topics and peak pinning activity – these features are only available on an enterprise account. I don’t have an enterprise account so I’m not exactly sure how these would work.
- Organic activity. Monitor your latest pins, most pinned images, most engaged pins, and comments & conversations. Without an enterprise plan, you only be able to monitor the latest pins. You’ll be able to repin and comment on the pins.
- Referral Traffic. Discover the visits, visitors, page views and revenues from Pinterest to your website.
Tailwind has 3 plans:
- Plus ($9.99/month**)
- Professional ($799.99/month)
- Enterprise (price not listed)
The Plus plan is more than enough for the average blogger and even for small businesses with less than 25 employees.
**The $9.99/month price is only if you pay annually for your plan. You can pay monthly with the Plus plan but the price changes to $15/month.
Plus Plan Features
- 1 Pinterest OR Instagram profile (if you want to do both, you’ll have to pay for 2 plans.) I don’t use it for Instagram. If you’re looking for an Instagram scheduler check out this post.
- 1 Website Domain
- 2 Collaborators
- 30 History Archive
- 400 Post/month. If you opt for the annual plan instead of the monthly, you’ll get unlimited post scheduling.
- Personalized Scheduler
- Bulk Uploads
- Tailwind Bookmarklet. This browser plugin will let you schedule posts from anywhere on the internet.
- 3rd Party Integrations. Import posts from other sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, Canva and more.
- Basic Profile Metrics. This function tracks your current follower count, repins, likes and comments.
- Profile Trend Reporting. Tailwind keeps a 30-day history and monitors your profile metrics into handy graphs.
- Virality & Engagement Benchmarks. They calculate virality score and engagement scores for your profile.
- Basic Board Metrics & Board trend reporting. These functions monitor how each of your Pinterest boards is doing. It tracks the pin, followers, repins, comment, virality score and engagement score of each of your boards (including group boards and secret boards)
- The number of Pins & Pinners & Track Latest Pins. This feature tracks the last 30 days of pins from your website.
- Analyze Your Latest Pins. Monitor your newest pins amount of repins, comments and more.
The basic Plus plan comes with 5 Tribe memberships, 30 monthly tribe submissions, and 250 active SmartLoop posts. If you want more of these features you have to buy powerups.
A tribe power will increase the number of tribes that you can be a part of at one time. Keep in mind that once you leave a tribe so do your pins.
What you get with Tribes Pro ($59.88/year)
- 10 Tribe Memberships
- 80 Monthly Submissions
What you get with Tribes Max ($119.88/year)
- Unlimited Tribe Memberships
- 200 Monthly Submissions
What you get with Tribes Unlimited ($359.88/year)
- Unlimited Tribe Memberships
- Unlimited Monthly Submissions
Tribe Powerups are the first and only thing that I have upgraded on Tailwind. And it was so worth it. Before Tailwind, I was getting a few views each week. Once I joined that grew almost instantly to a few view each day and this has been growing ever since!
Benefits of Tailwind
- Personalized pinning schedule. Tailwind suggests pinning times that best suit your account so that your pins and Instagram posts are able to reach farther.
- Tribes. Tribes let your pins reach a significantly larger amount of people than posting to your account alone. They are also a great place to source other content for your Pinterest. You don’t just want to be posting your own stuff.
- Efficient. I can pin an entire week’s worth of pins in less than an hour. Before, I would take forever to find and pin relevant pins. And I wasn’t posting at optimal times, I was posting when I had time – IF I had time. By joining relevant tribes to my content, there are tons of relevant content ready to be pinned.
Is Tailwind Worth It?
If your a blogger or are planning to be, hands down Tailwind is worth it. The tribes alone are worth it.
Other than hosting, Tailwind is the first thing that I would recommend to anyone. Before any other social media scheduling program or any paid program or plugin.
Still not sure is Tailwind is for you? Try it before you buy it. I know that when your budget’s tight, it’s tough to decide what will be most beneficial to your blog.
Schedule 100 pins completely free on your trial. Whether it takes a week or months, until you pin those 100 pins, Tailwind is free.
Think you’ll give Tailwind a try?
Let me know how it goes down below!
PS: I have this awesome freebie library that you should check out & yes – it’s all free!