This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission – at no extra cost to you. Please read our disclaimer for more information.
What is SwagBucks
SwagBucks is an online rewards program that you earn SwagBucks (SB) for completing tasks. And a lot of those activities are things that you are already doing online anyways – like searching, watching videos, shopping, and playing games. Those SwagBucks can be converted into gift cards.
Is it legit?
Yes Swagbucks is a legitimate site. They are accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2010. And they really do pay out. They have paid out over $300,000,000!
Does it cost money?
SwagBucks is free to sign up and to do most things. A few of their activities will require you to spend money but those like everything else is optional. The SwagBucks you earn on money spending activities typically will earn you more SwagBucks. However, if it isn’t something you want or need, I don’t recommend spending the money on it to begin with. It more than likely will not be worth it.
How do you earn money?
SwagBucks has a bunch of ways to earn money:
Earn money through Answering surveys. They have gold surveys, peanut lab surveys, the daily poll and tasks. Gold Surveys earn around 30 SB+ each, averaging around 50 SB each. Peanut lab surveys obviously also has surveys. They also have offers. These offers can be super easy and earn a good amount a SB very quickly such as looking at jobs in your area and reading articles. The daily poll allows you to answer one question per day earning you 1 SB and it takes less than 1 second to do. Tasks are little jobs through Figure Eight and are very easy to do, these jobs vary in pay but average from 0.4 – 2 SB per task
2. Watching Videos
Watch videos to earn SB. This isn’t really a big earner, I earn 1 SB for every 3-5 videos watched . I usually just let it run in the background while I’m doing other things.
3. Playing Games
You can earn SwagBucks by either playing free games or through game purchases. The free games will earn you around 10 SB per game. Games purchases ear around 4-12 SwagBucks per $1 spent.
SwagBucks has their own search engine. It’s pretty good – I don’t have any complaints. Plus you earn SBs randomly from searching. I’m pretty sure the most I’ve earned is 6 SB. But I was going to do those searches anyways so a wins a win.
Are you shopping online already? Might as well save a bit of extra money on those purchases with SwagBucks. Members can get anywhere from 1-25% cashback on their purchases. Some stores will also increase their cash back at times, for example black Friday! The shopping section also has grocery coupons that you can print and use in stores.
SwagBucks discover tab let you earn with trials, shopping, free offers, downloading Apps, and more. It changes all the time but those are pretty much the basics. The only thing that really important with these is that you need to read what is required to earn the SBs!
How much money can you make in a month (30 days)?
Minimum pay out amount
Their lowest gift card available is a $3 Amazon Gift card. This costs 300SB to purchase. Basically every 100SB is equal to $1. I know this doesn’t seem like lots, however, I let the videos run for around an hour or two and I earned an easy 55SB. Not including the daily goal bonus I hit because of this!
How they payout
SwagBucks trades the points you earn with gift cards. They have Amazon, iTunes, Starbucks, and more gift cards. If you’d rather have cash they also offer PayPal gift cards.
SwagBucks Tips & Tricks
- Daily poll. Answering the daily poll takes less than one second and you’ll earn 1 SB. Over an entire year you’ll earn 365 SB.
- Buy on Sale Rewards. SwagBucks constantly has sales on their gift card rewards. You will usually end up saving 10-25% of the price (the amount of SBs that it takes to exchange for the gift cards)
- Buy higher value Gift cards. Higher value gift cards when on sale will tend to have a higher savings percentage. For example, a $100 amazon gift card has gone on sale for 7500 SB instead of 10000 SB (1 SB = 1.333 cents instead of 1 SB=1 cent). An on sale $5 Amazon Gift card is only equal to 1.111 cents.
- Hit your daily goals. The daily goal bonus varies but on average I earn an extra 50 SB or so.
- Complete The To-Do List
- Make SwagBucks your default search engine. You earn SB just for searching. I wouldn’t recommend search random stuff until you get points. It feels like I’m search forever before getting any points compared to when I search periodically.
Are you already using SwagBucks?
If you aren’t are you going to?
PS: I have this awesome freebie library that you should check out & yes – it’s all free!